Saturday, November 29, 2008

they just fit

Monday, October 27, 2008  
they just fit... 


Have you ever put on a pair of jeans and felt like they were made only for you?

I got this new pair of jeans this weekend from some rando store in the mall. The thing that drew me to them were the back pockets. They've got this sweet design stitched on there and in the middle, it looks like a cross. I wasn't sure if I'd like them - I'm pretty picky about my jeans. They've got to be just right. And I honestly can't stand jean shopping. I've got to be in the right mood to do it. It's tough being short and finding jeans that are the right length....sometimes the short are too short and the regular are too long and GAH....there is no in between.

Anyway, I saw these jeans and I thought eh, why not....I'll give em a try. I grabbed a pretty sweet shirt and went and put them on.

Love. In the dressing room, I found love. It was literally like these jeans were made for my body. Per.fect.

I should have bought more than one pair. I'm entertaining the thought of going back and grabbing another style...

Isn't it funny how sometimes we find things that just fit? I have a feeling that when I find love....really find love, that it will just fit. In that moment, it will feel like he was made just for me.

So I'm sitting here at work, drinking my iced coffee (from home - yahhhhh, I'm trying to save cash) and loving my jeans today.  

It's pretty quiet in here right now. I find joy in the silence, but at the same time, I miss the rowdiness of the guys when it gets quiet for too long. Pretty soon this quiet moment will be shattered by loud laughter and jokes and shenanigans.....

Ahhhh, it was super wonderful outside this morning. Only 49 degrees. I cannot wait for it to stay like that through the entire day. I miss getting chilled. Ha, I remember once last year in December, sitting here at my desk with my Indiana hoodie on, a hat, and my sleeves pulled down over my hands because it was so cold in the office. We don't have heat in here, so when it gets cold, it gets cold in here. I was trying to find gloves so I could cut the finger tips out of them to type....I shivered all day long. It was great. Perhaps it would be wise for me to buy a little space heater to sit on the corner of my desk......

I guess I better get to it....Monday = meeting after meeting after meeting after meeting....HOORAY! And then, Colts.  

Happy girl....

It's the simple things, really...

No comments: