Saturday, November 29, 2008

she walks into the room...

Sunday, September 14, 2008  
September 14, 2008 pt DOS 

So, this is cool.

I was reading "Captivating" earlier this evening. But wait.

Earlier than that, I was cruising around Craig's List and found this little cottage on a lake in Geneva, FL. 

YIKES! I was so excited. It's adorable. I'm going out to see it tomorrow or Tuesday. It's already furnished - which is partially okay - I can sell what I have or perhaps put it in storage - I dunno. Anyway, that bridge'll be crossed when I get there. 

Down side - no laundry. But I can hook up a washer out on the back patio.

Totally redneck.

Member - I'm from Madison, Indiana. That's how we get DOWN.

But I'm checking this place out regardless. It's on a lake. I guarantee the view is amazing. It could be just the place I need to write....to really write.

Exposed beams, major plus.

I'm such a hippie inside, really. Solitude. It's what this girl needs right now. And it's just far enough outside of Orlando - if I wanna go to the city, I'm there. A little far away from my guys - but it's okay.

OK, back to Captivating.

I'd quote the entire book if I could, really. But I was reading - and this totally touched my heart. 

John and Stasi are talking about "The Crown of Creation", and thinking about it as a work of art. It begins with Genesis 1:2; talks about darkness over the deep and God's breath hovering over the waters, moves on to Genesis 1:3 - light, Genesis 1:6 - divide water from water, Genesis 1:9 - dry land appears, Genesis 1:11 - grass, plants, trees, fruit, Genesis 1:14 - moon, sun, stars, etc., Genesis 1:20 - fishies and birdies, horses, crickets, (even spiders, *gag*)etc....and then Genesis 2:7 - God sets his own image on Earth - He creates man. 

"It is nearing the end of the sixth day, the end of the Creator's great labor, as Adam steps forth, the image of God, the triumph of his work. He alone is pronounced the son of God. Nothing in creation even comes close. Picture Michelangelo's "David". He is...magnificent. And yet, the Master says that something is not good, not right. Something is missing...and that something is Eve."

Now we're at Genesis 2:21-23 - God takes Adam's rib and says, "Shablazm! WOMAN!"

(Ok, prolly not like that, but whatever.)

Picking back up with John and Stasi:

"She is the crescendo, the final astonishing work of God. Woman. In one last flourish creation comes to a finish not with Adam, but with EVE. She is the Master's finishing touch. How we wish this were an illustrated book, and we could show you now some painting or sculpture of the goddess Nike of Samothrace, the winged beauty, just alighting on the prow of a great ship, her beautiful form revealed through the thin veils that sweep around her. Eve is...breathtaking.

Given the way creation unfolds, how it builds to ever higher and higher works of art, can there be any doubt that Eve is the crown of creation? Not an afterthought. Not a nice addition like an ornament on a tree. She is God's final touch, his piece de resistance. She fills a place in the world nothing and no one else can fill. Step to a window, ladies, if you can. Better still, find some place with a view. Look out across the earth and say to yourselves, "The whole, vast world is incomplete without me...."


OK back to me. Here is where my heart skipped a lil beat and I realized my worth once again.

"...Creation reached its zenith in me."

PPSSSHHHH!

The next few pages go on to describe this simple truth: We were created in His image. He longs to be sought after, to be loved. So do I. I was created in His image. He is inviting, emotional, longs to be desired....ME TOO! I was created to be a "sustainer beside him."

That's what I'ma do for my man. It's what I was created for.

"Tender and inviting, intimate and alluring, fiercely devoted. Oh yes, our God has a passionate, romantic heart. Just look at Eve."

Good stuff. I was made for a reason. And what a REASON! 



"Even to see her walk across the room is a liberal education." - C.S. Lewis

No comments: