Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's 2 a.m. and I...

Saturday, August 23, 2008  
It’s 2 a.m. and I... 

I've been awake now
For quite some time and
Even though I long to sleep I
Find myself making coffee
At 2 a.m.
I wrap my arms around me and
Try to ward of the chill as
I yawn
I'm so tired but
I'm so awake inside that
I cannot lay still when
I whisper into the night for
Your heart to find a way to
Mine
I'm sitting alone in my kitchen but
I feel you right beside me and
I long for the day when
You and I can
Sit together when
It's 2 a.m and
We can't sleep so
You can sing me a song and
I can drift back into my dreams where
I can lay in your arms that
Promise to not let me go so
We can be together and not
So far apart and
I lay my heart out on the table and
I find myself slowly falling back to
Where I was before I woke and
I begin to make my way to
You...

No comments: