Saturday, November 29, 2008

you've got magic inside your fingertips...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008  
All I see is your face... 

I was singing super loud tonight - "Magic" by Colbie Caillat.

She makes ad-libbing pretty easy and fun.

Today was a pretty typical day for me. Woke up, started praying before my feet hit the floor, got ready, drove to the aeropeurto. Yep, that's spanish for airport, cause that's where I work.

I was even singing loud in the car this morning. Same song.

I like those mornings. Most mornings, I'm in a fog and I end up at work, and I'm like, wait.....how did I get here?

Not today.

Work was....work. Everyday is pretty fun with my guys. Some days I laugh so hard that tears are in my eyes, some days it's pretty quiet, some days it's pretty tense....but most day's it just plain super. I can't complain. I work with 8 guys all day that make me laugh and smile. I love what I do, I'm just not sure it's right for me. But all the same, I'm loving the memories I'm making with these dorks.

"I'm waiting for the right moment to jump in," Evan says.

"Dude, it's not freakin double dutch," Josh replies.

We were in Evan's truck going to Adobe Gilas for a farewell for our intern - he was going back to Indiana (I'm not jealous) and we all went to send him off proper. So, we're in Evan's truck on our way from the District office to this place, which was like 5 minutes down the road. How unfortunate for me that Josh goes with us, so I am squeezed in the front seat between Evan and Josh.....and there really isn't a middle seat. Totally comfy. LOTS.

We're driving. And a car full of.....guys pull up next to us. You could tell they had just finished working - there were at least 30 of them in this truck. Seriously. 30. But I'm not paying attention, which isn't surprising. I'm looking at Evan while he tries to be ghetto and I'm laughing. From last I saw, the windows were up, and Evan points to his right and Josh says, "HI BOYS..." Of course I look,jump about 40 inches off of my......seat? (seriously, 40) and TADA 30 faces are staring at me while I laugh and say quite loudly, OH MY GOSH!!!! cause I was totally freaked out, and the window was down all the way. Josh and Evan thought this was super hilarious - haha we punked Karen, and I just keep laughing. Well, then Evan, who was DJ master Flash, found a station with a dope beat, and I, DUH start dancing....Evan, out of the corner of my eye, starts to move just a bit, then pauses and starts moving his head like a turtle...I'm about to wet myself because he looks so....not amazing, and Josh is like WOW what a tool, and the previous conversation ensues when I asked Evan,

"WHAT are you doing?"

"I'm waiting for the right moment to jump in." Evan says.

"Dude, it's not freakin double dutch." Josh replies.

I am pretty sure I laughed for the entire 2 minute drive we had left to this place. And this, folks, is what I work with every day. No matter what we are doing, no matter what's going on......I can always count on laughing at something stupid they've said or we've done.

Even on the days that I have been off a little, not really psyched to be at work, and I have even declared that I WILL NOT LAUGH at anything they say or do.... those guys can figure out some way to make me laugh until it hurts.

And I appreciate it, seriously. I appreciate them poking me in the arm where it is quite apparent that I have a highly visible bruise and saying, "Does that hurt?" Or walking in at 7:01 am and being told that I am late, or pointing out the fact that I have a tiny zit on my chin, giving me a hard time when I make a minor mistake... Yah, I love them. Captain Obvious, all of em. I even appreciate being thrown under the bus...cause I know right after that we will all laugh and high five and celebrate our failures, together. 

But they're my boys. And sometimes I can't imagine leaving them.

So today was just another day at the ol job. I laughed, I sat there in amazement, I got sidetracked - more than once, I tried to stay busy, I got distracted again, I worked, I smiled, I thought, I prayed, I failed, I dreamed, I watched, I picked myself up, I got hot, I cooled off, I told stories, I shared, I smiled, I ached, I accomplished things, I reminisced, I relaxed, I left.....

All in a days work.

And I sang. Through it all, I sang. I noticed all day today, I was singing, in my mind, under my breath, out loud.....

It was a good day.

No comments: