Saturday, November 29, 2008

took a little trip

Monday, September 01, 2008  
September 1, 2008 pt 2 

Yah, so I took a little trip today.

I was sitting here at home, thinking about things, remembering, dreaming, getting totally caught up in stuff, when I decided to go shopping.

Dangerous.

Then, as I was brushing my pearly whites, I was like, "Wait....I want to go see Ozzie."

Ozzie is my angel. She is Chance's dog. And I go out to camp to see her when I get the itch.

And I got the itch big time today. I love her so much, I wish she was mine. When I lived there, she was my other half. We'd walk around camp together, run together, play together.

Her name is Ozzie, not after Ozzie Osbourne, but after Ozzie Smith - he played for the Cardinals. She is beautiful - a lab/border collie mix.

And I wanted to see her today bad. So off I went, back to the place that I seriously long for every day. I will never get over camp. Ever. It's one love that I refuse to let go of.

I pulled in through the gates, and immediately, just like every time, I was peaceful. I even got teary eyed - that's weird (not really) as I was driving back to the house. So many memories...so amazing.

And then there she was. Dancing, jumping, kissing.... now that is true unconditional love - she never forgets, and I love that. I took her for a walk, and it felt like I never left.

Isn't that what true friendship is? When you reconnect, you feel like you never left? You just pick right back up where you left off.

It was so good to be there today; totally what I needed. Getting free kisses from Oz is like a balm on my weary soul. I laughed and talked with Chance, and that is always entertaining. 

And it sucked to leave. Like always. But that is one place that I know I am always allowed to go back to. That's the beauty of the place - you leave your mark on camp, and camp leaves it's mark on you - forever. 

*sigh*

It was a great day today. And I am looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

Now, that's weird. ;)

No comments: