Saturday, November 29, 2008

expressions

August 31, 2008 

I've been dancing lots already today. Even as I sit here and write this, I'm moving to the beat of whatever's playing. 

My soul is free today.

I love the different forms of expression that joy and happiness takes. I have such an appreciation for the art of expression....dance, song, poetry, art, silence...

I took this Humanities class in college and was absolutely in LOVE. I adored dissecting art down to the bare bones and the naked truth. I was at Universal for my birthday, staying at Portofino Bay. It seriously made me want to go to Italy and stay there. It was amazing. There were all these little shops out on the water, and one was this amazing art store. I walked in there and spent at least an hour just walking around gazing at the different expressions from the depths of many souls. I walked around the corner and this one painting literally stole the breath right out of my body.

It was a painting of the Last Supper. But within the painting, were the stories of the Bible. Beginning at the top of the picture was Genesis, the creation, and working clockwise, ended with Revelation. It was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I stood there and was amazed as I found the different stories - all painted into the Last Supper. It was done by a local artist, and I searched forever to find a picture of it online, to no avail. Honestly, my words do this painting no justice. It was such a wonderful expression.

I spend a lot of time alone these days. Mainly on the weekends. Throughout the week I'm with my guys, but then when the weekend rolls around, I've been spending more time alone. I'm definitely not secluding myself, by all means, I've just enjoyed the quiet moments that I've had to search my heart and soul and think and remember and wonder. It's been a wonderful time of solitude.

I've been feeling the urge to hop a plane and take a trip. Somewhere I've never been. There's so much out there that I want to see. If I had my way, I'd be writing for life, doing some travelling, experiencing life and being in constant awe of what other people have to offer, and writing about it. There really isn't anything holding me back - I just know that I'm not meant to do it alone. 

Random fact about me:

I've got this....addiction to shampoo. A guy I dated laughed everytime I'd get a new shampoo; he always said it could be worse, I could be addicted to shoes. I just like getting new shampoo. I don't know why. I'm sure if I study it long enough, I can find some deep psychological reason why I get something different every time. But I try not to over analyze myself - that's the first thing I learned from majoring in Psych. My prof said that being a psych major, you will find some way to equate everything we study to yourself. 

And I also like pairing the right wine with the right meal. It really does make a difference. ;)

So, last week I set out to fade this tattoo I got on my lower back. I got some TCA, mixed it up, and had one of my boys help me put it on. I had to do a spot test, so I put it on my wrist. I just looked down and the spot on my wrist is peeling pretty sweetly. I don't know how well it will work, but I was looking in the mirror at it the other day, and I was like wait, I got this tatt to express something I loved....why would I want to get rid of it? It is a little high on my lower back, but there really isn't anything I can do to change that. It was something I chose to express. And most of the time I forget it's there until someone sees it and asks what it is. Back when I was in college, for my 23rd birthday, I decided I wanted to get baseball in chinese tatted on my back. I seriously loved watching baseball - high school and in college. More than getting it tatted on, it holds a lot of memories for me. College games were so amazingly fun, hanging with my friends and cheering like crazy. It reminds me of college more than anything, especially the night we went to get it. So now, when people ask me what it is, I say, "It's baseball." Most of the time I get the, "That's pretty sweet" reaction, and sometimes I get, "Why would you get that?!" I love the game. Going to Turner Field for the first time - breathtaking. It's a part of my past, so now I'm rethinking fading it. I have a pretty sweet cross I'd like to get tatted there, but maybe I will put it somewhere else. I'm running out of places to put tatt's where they aren't super highly visible. For a long time, I was going to get "home" in hebrew tatted on the inside of my wrist. I went for "dance" in chinese tatted on my lower tummy by my hip bone instead. I love that tatt. That one means a lot to me; dance is free expression... "dance like no one is watching"...


Tatts....just another form of expression. Permanent, though. 

I'm not even sure how I got to that. Ah, my peeling wrist. 

Wow.

Done for now. Got some running around to do today.

PS - I'm pretty psyched that I don't have to work tomorrow. :)

No comments: