Saturday, November 29, 2008

just another day on the job...

Friday, September 05, 2008  
September 5, 2008 

So I think I'm going to post on Craig's list that I need a roomie. Yikes. But I talked to my landlord yesterday and he said I'm welcome to stay if I get someone in here with me. Ummmmm....lotta thinking to do today. I am so loving living alone right now, but on the other hand, I'm not sure that I want to move. Something's gotta give. We'll see.

Pretty tired today. Friday's are harder than Monday's to get up and go into work for me. Going to need lots of coffee. I've got this addiction to the sugar free iced vanilla coffee's from mac donalds. I'm lovin it. WAIT....I didn't mean to use their slogan. SUBLIMINAL. That's weird.

HOORAY! I found this huge baseball at work yesterday. I was switching out Josh's phone line (because I also work in IT) and was back behind the cubicle's crawling around and I saw Billy's Devil Ray's baseball. I beelined it (sort of, I had to duck under lots of piping to get to it) and snatched it right up and sweet William G Matthesen said I could have it. Love. 

So for the rest of the day, I played catch with my super huge baseball. And then Tyler stole it, and I was deeply saddened. I walked up to his desk once I realized that it was missing from mine, and said, "TAYLOR (we call him taylor because the hispanic guys on our site can't say tyler) where is my ball????" He replied with, "LA LA LALALA." 

Hmmm. Lot of growing up to do.

I said, "Seriously, where is it? Did you not see the joy on my face when I found it?"

He said, "Did you not see the joy on my face when you realized it was gone?"

So I searched for it, couldn't find it. 

I went back to my desk brokenhearted that I'd have to stop playing catch and perhaps do some work (overrated).

I sat down, and Taylor says, "LA LA LALALA!" I stood up, and saw him standing there with my baseball raised high over his head in triumph, so I booked it back to his desk, and it was gone again. NO clue where it went. On this goes for awhile...

I shut down my computer and started to pack up as it was time to call it a day. I walk back towards the guys, and there Taylor sits, with my ball in his lap. At this very moment, I get a text message from my sis, look at the phone, and when I look back at Taylor, it's gone.

Houdini. Lots.

He's like, "You suck at this scavenger game." I'm looking all around his desk, and then finally, I look at C's desk and TADA! There is my ball in a box on the floor! WOO! I screamed like a 6 year old and then hung on to my ball for dear life.

Until we decided to go upstairs to McCoy's to watch some football and hang. I apprehensively put my ball on my desk, and asked so sweetly, "Taylor, please don't take my ball." I used the big brown eyes for this one, perhaps to no avail. We'll see.

This weekend is going to be super sweet. Gator game tomorrow at Billy's with the guys (will definitely bring the camera and post) and Sunday GO COLTS. (I got all kinds of wound up watching Eli play last night - AMPED)

PS- I'm definitely wearing my hat and a colt's t-shirt today. I'm really dressing up for work. It's what I do.

No comments: