Saturday, November 29, 2008

Did I really just do that?

Sunday, October 12, 2008  
October 12, 2008 

What a week.....WHAT a week.

Monday was a great day...thennnnnnnnnn it all went downhill from there. There was so much palpable tension in the office this week. There were a lot of little things and a few bigger ones that caused a lot of stress and tension to float around. And what was weird about that was even though it was mad tense more than it wasn't - I didn't mind it. 

Wait.

I DID mind it, just because no one likes to be caught in a tense situation, but it just didn't effect me like it used to in the past. High five.

The rest of the week was pretty non-eventful - we were all busy walking around balancing on egg shells. Until Friday afternoon. 

Early Friday morning Evan, Josh, and I went upstairs to go get an iced coffee from McDonald's. I really wanted to try one since I've never had one before.

Liesssssss.

Anyway, we are walking through the atrium, when we spot this young girl walking towards us. Perhaps 13 or so. She is wearing a pleated skirt and has on wild colored socks pulled up to her knees and a pair of pale pink crocs.

Evan says, "Wow, nice croc setup."

Wait.

WHAT?

I don't know what it was about that statement, but I could not stop laughing. All day. Even when I came home Friday night and told my roomie about it, I was laughing so hard I could hardly get the words out.

Prolly doesn't even seem remotely funny on here, but it was. Another one of those times where I wish I had a camera crew to follow us around.

And I am looking forward to going in to work tomorrow - it should be a pleasant week.

PS - I FINALLY rejoined the Y yesterday, so Latin Cardio ON for Wednesday.

WOO.

Let's talk about my day yesterday.

I got up yesterday morning with every intention in the world to go shopping. So I did. I asked Kaitlin (tha roomie) if she wanted to come with, but she wanted to get some things taken care of at home. 

Bout 11:30 I got a text from her asking if I wanted to meet her for lunch and or wine. Of course I oblige - after power shopping, this girl needed a bite to eat and a glass of wine would be jusssst fine, too.

So, we meet in the parking lot at Target and I drive us over to Urban Flats. 

Yah, um....we stayed there for 2 hours. We talked about lots of things.....and it was super fun and good. Then, we get the swell idea to go next door to the Peterbrooke chocolate store.

Let me back up.

Earlier that morning, I threw on a pair of jeans and a loose fitting white top, had my hair all twisted back and a mess, ready to tackle the shopping bidness that this girl needed to get done.

I don't do well with white.

Fast forward.

We go next door to Peterbrooke. Kaitlin and I are all giggly and happy and whatnot, and she goes to get a scoop of this amazing mocha gelato. I am perusing the shelves and grab a small bag of dark chocolate covered graham crackers (OH MY SO GOOD) and go to the front to pay. We leave.

The lady behind the counter is nice enough to give us 2 spoons so we can walk and share the gelato and talk all at the same time. We go outside. I throw on the Aviators, and start fishing around in my purse for my keys, which I had just taken out of the purse at Urban Flats so I wouldn't be caught unprepared as I approached Vivica the Civica. 

Hhhmmm, that's weird, I can't find my keys.

Kaitlin and I decide that I must have left them in Urban Flats on the table. We go back in there and look at the table and there are no keys.

Hhhhmmm, must have left them at Peterbrooke.

We pause outside to eat some more gelato, because DUH, that is way more important than the keys at this point. I take off the aviators and put them on the neck of my shirt and notice that I apparently had a hole in my mouth because there was a drop of gelato the size of a small softball on my top.

We laugh and laugh and laugh at my inability to multi task. We then go back into Peterbrooke and I am looking for my keys.....no dice. We decide to get another scoop of gelato because that is more important than finding Vivi's keys.

So we go back outside, again, and back to the car, again, and I go through all of the stuff in my purse.

No dice.

Kaitlin goes through her purse - perhaps she grabbed them and took them from me, as any good friend would do.

Nope.

So, back to Urban Flats.

Yep, no keys.

Back to Peterbrooke.

By now, they've got to think we are crazy.

I think so.

Kaitlin goes to look at things again, and so do I, since it's been SO long since we've been in the store....

And then I spot them. OF COURSE I'd leave them on top of the mint chocolate covered oreo display....

I mean really, where else would they be?

"TADA!" I exclaim. We laugh back to the car. And in the car. And on the drive into Winter Garden.

Totally legit place to lose my keys.

We go to Barnes and Noble for awhile, then I go to rejoin the Y - gelato stain and all.

I'm so hot.

Seriously.

Ravishing.

Back home I go, and Kaitlin and I decide to hang at home, open a bottle of wine, and prepare for the Gator game.

WOW. I'm pretty sure we laughed allllllllll night. 

ALL night. It was fun. :D

And I made a huge pot of homemade chili MMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM.

I like to pretend that it's cold in FL sometimes.

Now I'm preparing for a pretty sweet week of shenanigans with my boys.

;) happy girl......

No comments: