Saturday, November 29, 2008

Monday Monday...so good to me....

Monday, October 06, 2008  
October 6, 2008 

So, Monday. 

Today was actually a really good Monday. 

I'm driving along to work, playing some tunes to get me pumped up and ready for the day. I go around one of the turns and am just about to go through the second toll before work when I get behind this freakin sloooooooooooowwwww tanker. I look in my rear view and notice headlights are on my tail, ferociously. I see the SUV pull off to the left of me, and I'm like wait....that looks like...

NO.....


TAYLOR!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!

I drive up the corkscrew to park and TADA! There is young Taylor parking beside me like the ol days....

We walk in to work together and it was almost like he never left. Almost...

We get into the office and I do my normal thing. He's not really sure where he is supposed to be - whether he should be there or at the district, so he sits down and checks his emails.

I do the same. Then this yellow ball comes flying in front of my desk and I hear, "I'm BAAAAACCCKKKK...."

And so it begins.

A little later that morning, Josh strolls in. He doesn't know that Taylor is there, and Josh and I engage in a deep conversation about P90X. In true Taylor fashion, he slowly rises out of his chair and peeks over his little cubicle and Josh exclaims, "LA LA LALALA!" So Taylor comes out to talk to us. It was like old times, but not....

So Josh looks at me, then at Taylor, and says, "DUDE, this is the 19 job, you're in the wrong office. Go over to the 409 job where you belong." 

Taylor chuckles and says, "I know...our office isn't available just yet." 

I say, "Isn't it weird...him sitting there?"

"No, not really.....yahhhhhhhhhh a little weird," Josh says.

"I just took a 3 week vacation, no big deal," Taylor interjects.

We proceeded to ask him if he could take off for 3 more weeks because it really only seemed like one.

I couldn't believe he had been gone that long already.

So while it was AMAZING to have him back, it was also weird. And I don't really know why. I guess because we all knew that he wasn't with US anymore, with our team...

And it probably really won't be the same again. 

It was nice to hear his voice in the office this morning. I found myself smiling and laughing a lot while he was around - it was comfortable. Then he packed up his man bag and took off about an hour later to go to the District to meet with his team.

All too short.

Always is. Just a little teaser today. The guys are supposed to be moving their stuff out this week, to the office across from ours. That's when the fun will begin. PCL is pretty much taking over the Bunker. 

As it should be. :)

So I got to leave work early today, which is good and bad. We had Quest training tonight - so half our team went to learn about backcharges. MMMMM. Fun. Lots. But, we had to leave work at 3:30 to get there in time, so this girl is going to sack up and roll in to work tomorrow morning around 6. UGH. 

Should be LOTS of fun. Hopefully I can play catch up for an hour or 2 before the guys start raining on me.

Good day, this Monday was. Goooooood day.

No comments: