Saturday, November 29, 2008

hold fast

August 28, 2008 

It is entirely too early to be up today.

It was one of those 'let's hit the snooze and see if we can cheat time' type of mornings this morning.

I've been haunted by this song. "Hold Fast" by MercyMe.

For the last 5 months I've been trying to move back home to my small little town nestled on the banks of the Ohio river.....I've been told I'm crazy. But it's where I long to be. 

I'm a simple girl - people who know me can totally testify to that. 

Every morning I turn on the TV to this Contemporary Christian station and get ready for the day. I leave it playing, so when I come home from work, it's already greeting me as I walk through the door.

And "Hold Fast" has followed me everywhere I go. Literally. I was standing in my kitchen one morning, just about to throw my hands up in the air and say I GIVE UP.....I was so tired of trying to find a job back home and coming up short - Hold Fast comes on.

Be still. Just be still.

After a particularly rough week at work, I walked through the door of this place with absolutely NO desire to be here. This has never been a home - just a roof over my head. I walked through the door - and as soon as I stepped over the threshold, God spoke to my heart and said, "I'm already here. Turn around. I'm there, too. I'm going before you, I'm behind you. No one can be against you."

Little moments like that blow me away. So even though I'm pretty worn out today and just want to crawl right back into bed.....I hear the whisper....."Hold Fast...."

No comments: