Tuesday, March 23, 2010

workin hard orrrrrrrr.....

My Kait got home last night. YAY! I got home from work and did an ab work out, and figured I wouldn't see her face until about 5:30-ish. I was in my bathroom when I heard the door open and I heard her voice, and I went running around the corner and right into her arms. Of course, I screamed like a girl, and we did the whole pick-up-spin-around hug.

I love her. :) WOO! I slept really good last night, too. I think part of it was knowing she was at home safe and sound.

My phone rang last night - it was young Evan. He was driving the truck back from Asheville this weekend, and Josh was supposed to pick him up and bring him to the airport this morning. Young Kosmac was freaking out because Joshua was not answering his phone, and I assumed my role as the middle-man as per usual. :)

"Karen, have you talked to Josh?!"

I laughed. "Um, nooo....why?"

"Because he is supposed to take me to the airport in the morning. Did you talk to him at all today?!"

"Yeah, he said he was going to pick you up, but you better call and remind him because he said he might forget."

"I did try to call him, Karen. He isn't answering. Eeeeee."

Sometimes, Evan is dramatic. And by sometimes, I mean all the time.

"Evan, call him back and leave him a message. He is probably taking care of his son or hanging out with his wife or drinking beer or something important like that. He won't forget you, dude. Just call him back."

Evan calmed down. A little. Then he said he'd see me in the morning followed by, "Thisconversationisoverbye."

Never fails.

I heard Josh and Evan on the elevator this morning and I got all excited because it was just like old times. I went running around the corner and screamed like a girl and flew into his arms. Apparently, this is a trend.

"Calm DOWN, Karen."

Typical. :) Also typical, Evan waited until approximately 41 minutes before his flight departed to check in online, and when I tried to get him checked in (yep, because once I'm your admin, I'm always your admin) it said, "Your flight has already departed."

I. could. not. stop. laughing.

In typical dramatic Evan fashion, he ran around the office and gathered his stuff and ran upstairs without grabbing his confirmation number.

I waited for my phone to ring.

5 minutes later:

"Karen, what's my confirmation number?! Hurrrrrrrry."

I gave it to him.

"Okthanksgottagobye."

Our little trainwreck. :)

Ew. Time for a staff meeting.

I would also like to advise on the status of 409's office floor slideability today.

AWESOME. I've had 3 realllllly good slides in there already today. I'm talking "Risky Business" slideability.

Alllllllllllllllll in a days work. ;)

No comments: