Sunday, March 21, 2010

grace

It's kind of gray out today. So much for the "partly sunny" day...I see no sun. Not partly, at least.

When I was in the shower this morning, I was going over my to do list for the day. Grocery shopping, ab work out, clean the living room carpets, laundry, clean, wash the car, get gas, Bristol race, relax. I've done 2 things off of that list. I ran to Publix this morning and restocked on the necessary items, and I'm currently doing laundry while watching the race. When it's gray out like this, I always want to put on sweatpants and pretend its freezing cold out and seek shelter in the comfort of my home. It's hasn't really been gray on the weekends lately, so I think I'm just taking advantage of it.

So I was leaning against the wall between my living room and bedroom, just looking around my place, trying to figure out what I wanted to do next, when I looked down at this basket that has a few books in it that sits on my end table by my couch. I grabbed "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller out of the basket and cracked it open to where I left off last time. A few pages in, I got to this paragraph:

"Accepting God's kindness and free love is something the devil does not want us to do. If we hear, in our inner ear, a voice saying we are failures, we are losers, we will never amount to anything, this is the voice of Satan trying to convince the bride that the groom does not love her. This is not the voice of God. God woos us with kindness, He changes our character with the passion of His love."

Thanks, God. :)

See previous blog.




No comments: